Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Balkad Menshinkai in a glass jar (dry, stuffed chillies)
Ink, water and stick. 6"x8"


I'm newly inspired by http://shiftinglight.com/ and http://duanekeiser.blogspot.in/.  I plan on drawing everyday this year. 


I have been considering how unpredictable my life with my kids is... as we are unschooling/life-learning etc.  So my days are sometimes easy and wide open.  Sometimes they are full and chaotic.  I have begun to feel a need to feel ink on my fingers if not the buttery oils i love.  So I've begun.  


One drawing/painting a day is not hard.  Easy to focus on.  I don't have to plan in advance.  I can sit anywhere in the house that inspires.  And i'm not taking these drawings seriously... i plan to just do them, have fun and share them here. I plan to use small sized bits of paper and canvas board or other material.  So that size and set-up-time is not distracting me for now.

3 comments:

Heather said...

Lovely blogs you recommended! The art is beautiful. I'm trying to create every day as well, writing or painting/drawing. It's a bit of a challenge with active, curious, learning boys with me all day, but we are slowly figuring out how to balance everything. I love your sketch and imagine the jar smells delicious when it's opened.

Hema Bharadwaj said...

thanks Heather! Yes these chillies are yum.. they have to be fried and eaten. We put them in salads and yogurt and rice dishes. I like how you word things... "It's a bit of a challenge with active, curious, learning boys with me all day, but we are slowly figuring out how to balance everything." Its true and yet so respectful and loving towards the boys. I feel sometimes that i'm still coming from a place of win-loose. And actually its all win-win for all of us :-)

Heather said...

It's a process, isn't it? I sometimes feel like as soon as I have a balance, something shifts and I'm juggling all over again. It's a good life, tho!